Archived Lottery News for May, 2000
Wednesday, May 31, 2000
- 12:05 am – We're pleased to announce our latest feature: Lottery Post. Lottery Post is a message board dedicated to lottery discussions, issues, and questions. We've found few places on the web where lottery players could connect in a forum that is not intended to build a paid membership or throw a ton of ads at you. We hope you'll find our forum different: simple, easy, and useful. To get there, go to www.LotteryPost.com. See you on the 'Post!
- The Winning Combinations page has been updated with the total numbers of winners in each prize category, and there was no jackpot winner.
Tuesday, May 30, 2000
- 12:05 am – Have you checked the statistics page? An interesting draw tonight -- all of the numbers are in the top 50 percentile, and the majority are right near the very top rankings.
- Make sure to check back with us tomorrow, when we will be rolling out our latest feature. Hint: it'll be a great way to connect with your fellow Big Game Lottery fans.
Saturday, May 27, 2000
- 12:05 am – Once again, there was no jackpot winner Friday, so the jackpot continues to get larger. The jackpot for Tuesday, May 30 is $27 million (annuity), $13 million (cash). Remember, you can see the total number of winners by prize category in all states by clicking on Winning Combinations.
Wednesday, May 24, 2000
- 12:05 am – There was no Big Game Lottery jackpot winner on Tuesday. The jackpot for Friday, May 26 is $22 million (annuity), $11 million (cash).
- We've added a new feature to display the total number of winners by prize category in all states. Click Here to try it out.
Saturday, May 20, 2000
- 12:05 am – There was no jackpot winner on Friday. The jackpot for Tuesday, May 23 is $17 million (annuity), $8 million (cash).
Friday, May 19, 2000
- 12:05 am – Joe and Sue Kainz, who live in Tower Lake, Illinois, were given a ceremonial check for $181 million today, representing their share of last week's record-setting Big Game Lottery jackpot. The couple elected to take the prize in a one-time payment rather than over 26 years, which amounts to about $90 million before taxes. After taxes the prize will be worth about $60 million. The couple owns the Wild Onion Brewing Co. brew pub in Lake Barrington, Illinois, and they have three grown children.
- Joe Kainz bought the winning ticket at the Sweeney Oil gas station and convenience store in Lake Zurich. Owner John Sweeney gets a $1.8 million commission. Before coming forward, the Kainzes entertained themselves by driving down to the convenience store to watch the frenzied reporters who were searching for them. They even spoke - anonymously - with one reporter.
Thursday, May 18, 2000
- 12:05 am – A suburban Chicago family won the other half of last week's $363 million Big Game Lottery jackpot. The winning family from Lake County will claim their prize at a news conference in Chicago on Friday. Other details will be announced at the news conference. Check back tomorrow; we'll give you the details here.
Wednesday, May 17, 2000
- 12:05 am – There was no jackpot winner in Tuesday's drawing, so the jackpot grows to $12 million for Friday's drawing.
Tuesday, May 16, 2000
- 12:05 am – BigGameLottery.com officially launches! Add a Favorite (Internet Explorer) or Bookmark (Netscape) and come back to check the latest numbers, news, and jackpot.
- If you're a lottery agent, Contact Us for information on how to register your store location with us. You can have your store location displayed in our Where to Play page, and we'll even give your customers driving directions!
Saturday, May 13, 2000
- 12:05 am – There was no jackpot winner Friday, making the Tuesday May 16th jackpot worth $8 million (annuity), $3 million (cash).
Friday, May 12, 2000
- 12:05 am – Small-business owners Larry and Nancy Ross of Shelby Township, Mich., became part of U.S. gaming history today as they claimed their share of the largest lottery jackpot in North America to date: the $363 million grand prize in the May 9, 2000 Big Game drawing! The Rosses decided to take their $181.5 million share of the jackpot winnings in a one-time, lump-sum payment for approximately $90 million (the estimated present cash value of the jackpot share before taxes). The winning Big Game "easy pick" ticket was purchased at Mr. K's Party Shoppe, 2238 Auburn Road, in Utica, Mich.
- The next projected Big Game jackpot for tonight is $5 Million.
Wednesday, May 10, 2000
- 12:05 am – There were two winning tickets sold in Tuesday's record-setting $350 million jackpot.
- One of the winning tickets was sold in Michigan, and the other was sold in Illinois.
Saturday, May 6, 2000
- 12:05 am – There was no jackpot winner on Friday, despite the fact that an estimated 70% - 75% of all possible combinations were covered.
- It's official! The Big Game is the largest jackpot in US history.
« June, 2000